The Thomas Crew

The Thomas Crew

Monday, April 14, 2014

Procedure day

I don't think you ever get used to signing consent forms for surgeries. I probable should have kept tract of how many times they have taken Gavin into surgery since he has been home. I was counting until last year when I found myself in the ICU watching him on a ventilator wondering how in the world did we get to this point! That's when I lost tract. That's when surgeries and procedures took on something else. I remember when Kaitlyn had ear tubes placed. It was a big deal and I was scared. It was terrible hard watching her wake up in recovery. That was so minor compared to Gavin's stuff but as a mom nothing is really minor. Gavin does really good now until it's time to go to sleep. He is very aware of what's happening and I can't blame him for his outpour of anger at that point. Usually when he wakes up he has another device/tube of some sort. If I was him I would be angry too. We are very thankful for his portAcath device now which allows him to have medication easily before going into the OR for the mask. We check into Radys in a few hours for a outpatient surgery. I think he is already well aware as I stopped his formula last night and haven't fed him his normal breakfast this morning. It should be an uneventful day hopefully and we will be back home tonight. Prayers always welcomed for no problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment