The Thomas Crew

The Thomas Crew

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One Year Ago...

I remember getting up at 3am, 4am and 5am to check my email. You see when your in the process of an international adoption your email became your best friend. That morning I was waiting for a very important email. It came at 6:30am. With the subject header of Congrats from Nina our case worker and soon to be Gavin's kidney donor. On November 26, 2012 we became Gavin parents. He was no longer an orphan he was a Thomas and my fourth child(so I thought). God has amazing humor and later that evening as I came down the stairs in our home to the strong smell of bacon I realized something was different. When your adopting you often feel like your pregnant. It's called a paper pregnancy and a lot of the same emotions run through you:) But the double lines on the test that night showed me just how pregnant I really was. Not only did we became Gavin's parents that day, we also learned that little Nathan was on his way too. How big is our God well most of you would never expect with all our children that getting pregnant is a problem. For years we have struggled with infertility and many losses. When Bradley had his 3nd birthday I felt like it was hopeless. My heart ached for a large family but with each infertility treatment and each miscarriage came more loss and grief. After we had Kaitlyn I made a promise to God that it was up to him. I felt like I needed to let go and allow him to determine our family size. Now look at us! A beautiful family of seven and I have no idea what he has planned for us next.


No comments:

Post a Comment